Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
dionescu72
Accepted Solution

parental control

Hi all! Any sugestions for an upgrade/firmware (Linksys E1000 wireless router) that will get more options for time limits on the block internet access section?

scrooge

Re: parental control

There are two ways to setup access restriction in your network. First, through Cisco Connect software under ‘parental control' section. Second, in the router's web interface under, 'access restriction' tab. Through both ways, you can set the time limit to block internet access.

I don't think updating the firmware on the router will add any extra feature to this particular functionality of the router.

Please refer to this link for more information: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=85fd15dec47b4d06bc459e0854881781_21458.xml&pid=80&...

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=20b29e54474a4a17aff594cb659747ea_4041.xml&pid=80&r...

dionescu72

Thx for your post!

My E1000 router dont have acces restriction tab on the web interface! The firmware is 2.1.02! On the other hand take a look on this release notes from Linksys support for E1000 

Firmware version:	2.1.01 build 5
Release date:		January 5, 2011

- All time-based Access Restrictions rules will be negated when an NTP server cannot be reached.
- The "Auto" wireless channel selection option will randomly configure the radio for channel 1, 6 or 11.
- Supports new features in the Cisco Connect Parental Controls, including support for up to 10 devices and 20 deny lists per device. !!!!!!!!!!!
scrooge

As you have mentioned that you do not have a tab "Access Restrictions" on the set up page of your router, then this behavior explains that you have configured your router using the Cisco Connect Software and also you have set up some parental control policies through Cisco Connect Software due to which you are not able to see the tab "Access Restrictions" on the set up page of your router....

Inorder to see that very tab again on the set up page of your router, you can try disabling the Parental Control policies on the Cisco Connect Software and it should be all good....

dionescu72

Dont work! Cisco Connect dont have disable parental control policies option. I even uninstalled the Cisco Connect software, but still  no tab "Access Restrictions" on the set up page of my router! Thats it! Can anybody help me with a link for 2.1.01 firmware for E1000?

Expert
sabretooth

Uninstall the Cisco Connect software from your computer.  Hard reset the router by holding the reset button in back for 30 seconds and release.  Wait 10 seconds and power cycle the router.  Connect a wired computer to the router and go to 198.162.1.1 with your browser.  Username blank, password 'admin'.  Now see if you have your features  Reconfigure your router manually.

VALETLINKSYS

It really doesnt have the option  to disable parental controls once  you enabled that using cisco connect software. Plus , once the Cisco Software installed it will automatically remove the Access Restrictions tab on the router's set up page .. The only way to disable parental controls is to reset the router and reconfigure that using the software or the set up page of the router

I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
Brenda

can you access the restrictions tab on the routers interface?

nope!