04-02-2010 10:13 AM
How can you resolve this issue if you no longer have the setup disc for the router. I am trying to connect my xbox 360 to the internet and it is turning into a huge pain! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
04-02-2010 03:03 PM
@ Carebear,jen, welcome to the linksys forums, please follow the steps below to access/setup the router with-out a disk.
How to access/setup devices to your linksys router with-out the CD? follow the steps below to "Manually Access" your linksys router.
1. Open Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1 into the Address Bar at the top of Internet Explorer and press the Enter Key.
2. Once you type in 192.168.1.1 and press the enter key you will get a Linksys pop-up sign-in box.
3. Here are the default sign-in choices:
A) UserName = Leave this field blank (do not type in anything)
B) Password = admin
A) UserName = admin
B) Password = admin
If the password has been changed by you then please use that, If you forgot the password then you will need to perform a factory reset by holding in the reset button for 30 seconds which is located on back of the router, (you will need a pen or paper clip to hold in the button).
Note: This Factory Reset will erase all previous settings, you will need to configure the router back-up again.
4. Once you have accessed the Linksys Setup page you can now manually set up your devices, Wireless connection/Security and much more.
5. If you are having issues setting up you Xbox 360 you should go here: http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/default.aspx
(If the link does not work for you, please copy and paste the link into the address bar.)
This site contains different ways to connect the 360 and shows you step by step.
Have a good day and good luck.
01-08-2011 05:01 PM - edited 01-08-2011 05:04 PM
04-20-2011 09:09 PM
In trying to figure out what my pin# was I somehow messed up my router and now the only way to connect to it is directly with a cable. I can no longer find it under the available wireless networks. Help!