10-20-2008 05:51 PM
Hi all, first i have to say SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH
Im posting here because on mi country forum i dont get any responses..
-I get my router 2 months ago, and suddenly, with NO REASON! didnt work anymore, i get the blinking power led light...
-i read all the similar problems here and there, they say its a firmware problem, corrupt or something (ive never touched that, its all default)
-i did the "factory reset", nothing happened, seems that the reset button doesnt work, it makes nothing
-ive tryed to upgrade the firmware because thats de suggestion on the website, but i cant do it either cause my router doesnt response to the ping command, like its dead, no response at all
-is anything i cant do? or i just have to send it back to the store?
10-20-2008 08:03 PM
Reset the router.
1. Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds.
2. While holding down the reset unplug the power cord.
3. Reconnet the power still holding down the reset button.
4. Release the reset button.
Now wait for 30 seconds and if the power light still blinks and you are not able to ping the router, then your router is gone defective and needs to be replaced.
Call up tech support and ask for replacement.
10-20-2008 08:35 PM
10-21-2008 08:25 AM
Assign a static ip address of 192.168.1.20 on your computer and try to ping to the router address on 192.168.1.1. If you are getting any replies you can update the firmware on the router with tftp.exe utility from the site
ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/networks if it is not working after the upgrade then replacement is the last option .
10-21-2008 10:20 AM
10-21-2008 11:27 AM
already tried the reset didnt work...
funny is that, i can connect to the net trough the router, but as access point, i mean the cable from the modem to one of the 4 slots of the router (not the internet slot).
i ping my modem and get response, but the router nothing, and conecting directly the router without the modem nothing...
STILL green light flashing...
should i return it back to the store now or is something else to do?
03-27-2017 05:45 AM
Here's what i did and i managed to upgrade it's firmware.
When powered on the router, Local Area Connection was showing "Identifying.." for 1 minute and then turned Unidentified Network (forever). The Router power light kept blinking i couldn't ping 192.168.1.1 at all. Here's what i did:
1. Gave Local Area Connection the static IP 192.168.1.2 and Gateway 192.168.1.1. For Subnet i left it to 255.255.255.0. Left DNS fields empty.
2. Downloaded TFTP Utility from linksys along with my Router's latest firmware.
3. Using the TFTP Utility i uploaded FW_WRT54GL_4.30.18.006_US_20160108.bin to IP 192.168.1.1 (password admin in TFTP)
4. Imediately after TFTP Utility said firmware was updated successfully i was able to access 192.168.1.1 using admin:admin for login.
Now it's working fine.