Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
schoolbusdriver

"see" who is connected to router

How do I see in real time who is connected to my router?  Tech Support said I cannot do that, but I know that I viewed that information at one time (long time ago) and cannot recall how I accessed it.  Thanks.
Ikester

Re: "see" who is connected to router

Log into your routers user interface and look at the DHCP client table.  That will tell you how many IP addresses (and sometimes the computers/devices name) that are connected to your router.  That is why I like to set up everything with a static IP and Filtering.
Richard Aichner (Ikester)
Expert
Expert

Wireless clients: the list of connected wireless clients is somewhat hidden. You'll find it on the Wireless tab in the Wireless MAC address filtering window. If you don't have wireless mac filtering enabled enable it in the window. The press the button. It opens the window with the configured mac addresses. On that window you should be able to find another button which shows you the wireless client list.

DHCP clients: On the status tab, LAN, you should be able to see the DHCP client leases. All computers (wired and wireless) which got an IP address through DHCP should be listed there. On some routers the list is buggy and incomplete, though.

You won't be able to check which wired computers without DHCP IP address are connected.
Wizzard

Open routers set up page ....click administration tab..... click Local Network..... go to DHCP client table
It will show you all computers or any other devices connectedto router .... showing there Ip address& mac address .........
If you had provided any name to computer it will show you that also .........

Ikester

Of course DHCP client tables may be located in other areas for different router models and versions.  If you do have someone connection to your wireless network you can set up your security and write down the MAC address of the device you do not want to connect to your WLAN and block it.  Make sure you know all the Mac addresses to all of your devices on your network before you block any.
Richard Aichner (Ikester)