digicd1

remote management port 8080 not opening

I enabled remote management on port 8080 (Note - I did try other ports as well - 9350, etc.) but when i use the internet ip address http://67.x.x.x:8080 I get the page not displayed error.  I am able to ping the IP address (as I turned the "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" off).  My ISP claims they are not blocking any ports although I have no proof as to whether they are or are not.

I searched the internet and tried a couple of port scanners but I get the same results on this router as i do on another router (connected with a different ISP).  The second router does allow me to get to the remote management port.

Anyone have any ideas?  Know of any port scanning utilities that can help me narrow down whether it is my ISP or the router?

Thank you,

Chad
neo27

Re: remote management port 8080 not opening

digicd1 wrote:
Know of any port scanning utilities that can help me narrow down whether it is my ISP or the router?
Thank you,
Chad

try this one:
http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2
sharkbyte

www.t1shopper.com . I think they have port scanning utilities.
digicd1

I've actually tried both of these port scanners but neither one indicated whether port 8080 was open on either the working router or the router in question.
neo27

[ Edited ]
Using grc.com port scanner, it should show something like "CLOSED" if the port is enabled or "STEALTH" if it's not.

Enable logging on your router. Do you see an incoming request (port 8080) on the incoming log? If not, the packet might be dropped at the ISP. It is also possible that your broadband modem has some sort of firewall and it is enabled.

Message Edited by neo27 on 11-08-200611:26 AM

djbrui

Re: remote management port 8080 not opening - wag354g

hi, im doing a similar thing with my router wag354g firmware 1.01.03.

i enabled management on port 80, and forwarded internal port 1024 (linksys wireless webcam wvc54g 1.1 firmware v5.1) to external port 81. the grc port scan showed 80 as open!, but all others as stealth. any ideas very welcome.

my aim is to manage and access my router and camera from my place of work. I think they must have some policies to restrict this, as attempts to access either router or camera just seem to timeout. to try and get around this i am forwarding to port 81 (common port which will hopefully be allowed), and registered with the sololink ddns service. this also seems to timeout after a while.

i get a logon prompt sometimes, and the html header (or title of page) load, but no content loads and i usually never get an error message to speak of.

hmmm!