Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
gonz1117

router not connecting to modem

i have att dsl motorola modem , my router is not communicating with the modem it keep saying there is no internet , when threw an ethernet cable dirrectky it those work, please help me how to fix this problem

VALETLINKSYS

Re: router not connecting to modem

Hi ,

what's the model number of your router ?

I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
gonz1117

My router modle is wrt54g2 V 1.5, thank you for your help, the modem is motorola a little gray one i have windows7

dibbler

As you mentioned in your post that your Internet Provider is a DSL connections then in that case follow the following procedure. First connect the computer to one of the Ethernet ports on the router using an Ethernet cable. Plug-in the router’s power adapter to a power source and connect the other end to the power port of the router.

For further setting s on the router here is the link: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=20ee1457387f40178cd5f41d4b585db4_3687.xml&pid=80&r...

gonz1117

im kind of new at this but thanks for the help in the instructions it says to change the valaue of the 3rd box in the ip adress, what should i change it to.

gonz1117

OH and sorry to bug but everytime i change something on the ip adress page for the router , the letters go away and i have to refresh the wscreen to see the words and sometimes it those not allow me to make changes unless they are instantly, what could be causing that

gonz1117

i tried all of the things that were there and it started working but after 5-10 mins it discconects i fix the connection and then it those it again can you please help me fix this problem

dibbler

Let me know the ip address that you are getting from the router. To check the IP address that you are getting from the Router...

You can check the IP address in the following manner:

# Click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt.

# A black pop up box should come up, type: "ipconfig /all" …

There check the IP address and Default Gateway under LAN….

Do the following steps:

# Open up the browser and on the address bar type " IP address Default Gateway" that will open up the Router setup page.

# Lower the MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) from 1500 to 1492 or less (usually found on your router's main/ basic setup page)

# Then Click on wireless Tab select Channel to 6, 9, and 11. Click Save Settings.

#Adjust the following advanced wireless settings:

~~ Lower the beacon interval from 100 to 50

~~ Lower the fragmentation threshold from 2346 to 2306

~~ Lower the RTS threshold from 2347 to 2304

Then check the connectivity status..

bohochic323

Can you give us a screenshot of the settings you made with your router so we could figure out how we could fix it?

"Don't fix it if it ain't broken."