dlowie

satellite internet --- router connection problem

I have a HughesNet satellite internet connection. After the power goes out (for whatever reason) when the system comes back up the router (WRT54G) cannot find a DHCP internet address although the modem is providing it.
bgroicahn

Re: satellite internet --- router connection problem

I have a Hughes DW6000 that works fine.

By default the DW6000 and the hughes DHCP servers both hand out the name IP addresses so you must set the linksys router DCHP 'server' to hand out something other than 192.168.0.xxx address so it will work. And have the router connected to the Hughes device through the 'up-link' or 'internet port'.

hope that helps.
dlowie

Re: satellite internet --- router connection problem

I have the DW6000 and a Linksys wireless router model WRT54G. Everything works as it should until there is a power outage or some other glitch. Then when everything comes back up the router is unable to find the modem's IP address. Since it is normally 192.168.0.3 and the routers address is normally 192.168.0.1 I've changed the router to 20.20.20.1 but this has not helped the problem. So far my only recourse is to just keep playing around resetting the modem, router and computer until some combination works and the router can once again find the IP address. But it's sorta like magic cause what works one time won't work the next. I really do need some help here.
THANKS to on and all!