Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
ppollard13

setting static and dynamic WAN IP addresses

I am trying to set up multiple laptops, some with static IPs and some dynamic. How do I set up static IP addresses outside of my DHCP range or how do I change the range as the static ones were assigned by my ISP and cannot be changed? I want to have 5 static WAN ports and still have dynamic available.

Much appreciation, Pam

Expert
Expert

Re: setting static and dynamic WAN IP addresses

What router do you have?
ppollard13

Thank you for helping. I have been out of the office so pardon the delay on responding. I have a WRT320N router. Any help will be appreciated!
Expert
Expert

The WRT320N does not support what you want to do. It is a consumer router. You can use a single public IP address and a private LAN IP subnet. You cannot use multiple public IP addresses.
ppollard13

Thank you very much for your help! You saved me hours of experimenting. This is a superb router..it made our office work much faster. We are going to switch to a professional grade router that will handle what we need. Any suggestions??
Expert
Expert

I guess you are looking at a router from Cisco Small Business or better. Check the Cisco Small Business Support Community. They should be able to give you advice which small business routers support what you need...