Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
edschaum
Accepted Solution

setting up Cisco Connect on new computer

Hi,

I just got a new computer and am trying to set up Cisco Connect on the new machine, I'll be retiring the old machine shortly.

When I try to install, it tells me that it wants to get started setting up my router.

My router is already set up exactly the way I want it and I'm afraid that if I continue the installation, it will wipe out my current configuration and set up the router with default settings.

Is it possible to just install the Connect application without it changing my current setup?

thanks,

Ed

highspeedneed769

Re: setting up Cisco Connect on new computer

I have done this and yes just continue with the install it did not erase my current config on the router. Your good to go..

opheliaimmortal23

edschaum wrote:

Hi,

I just got a new computer and am trying to set up Cisco Connect on the new machine, I'll be retiring the old machine shortly.

When I try to install, it tells me that it wants to get started setting up my router.

My router is already set up exactly the way I want it and I'm afraid that if I continue the installation, it will wipe out my current configuration and set up the router with default settings.

Is it possible to just install the Connect application without it changing my current setup?

thanks,

Ed

Is your new computer for wired or wireless? This should just be fine to run the setup wizard again for the router. It is best if your computer is wired to the router so that it will pick up the settings right away and no need for you to change anything.

edschaum

Thanks, that worked fine, all settings are still the same.

Ophelia, thanks for the tip about being wired in, that was good info.