Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jcafaro10

signal booster

anyone remember those wsb24 signal boosters? I love that thing, I have one for my befw11s4, but now I'm buying a g router and i want to kno if I can use it.
ARCHANGEL_06

Re: signal booster

I've had the WSB24 signal booster in storage since I switched from a Linksys wireless 802.11B router to an 802.11 B/G router, the WRT54G to be specific. However, I decided to give the signal booster a try with my B/G router. It is very easy to set up, just unscrew the antennas from the back of of the router. Screw the wires from the signal booster onto the router in the place of the antennas you just removed. Then plug the power adaptor in and Bobs your uncle (you're done, that is).

My signal strength went up 2-3 bars in the "dead" spots in our house and now goes to the farthest corner of our 2 story house with all signal strength "bars" lit up.

So even thought the WSB24 is not designed to work with an 802.11 G router, it does work fine with the Linksys WRT54G. Note that this booster has been pulled from the market by Linksys. If you want one, you will have to buy a used one. But you can't have mine.
"Sometimes your knight in shining armor is just a retard in tin foil.."-ARCHANGEL_06
jcafaro10

Re: signal booster

deja vu i most definitely just read that exact post off of amazon.com