CaddyMan

wall mounting and stand for wrt600n?

Hi all, I was wondering if the wrt600n can be wall mounted? i can't find any holes like on most other routers, so am I out of luck? Also, the website shows it sitting on a stand so it can be placed vertically on a table, but mine came with no such stand. I am missing something or is this normal. Is there a way to have it stand vertically? I appreciate the help. Paul
mobandit

Re: wall mounting and stand for wrt600n?

CaddyMan wrote:
Hi all, I was wondering if the wrt600n can be wall mounted? i can't find any holes like on most other routers, so am I out of luck? Also, the website shows it sitting on a stand so it can be placed vertically on a table, but mine came with no such stand. I am missing something or is this normal. Is there a way to have it stand vertically? I appreciate the help. Paul

I can't see how to wall mount this unit...like you already noted, no holes. As for the stand...I have no idea. It wasn't in my box of goodies!
A+ Certified, over 15 years of hands on computer and home networking experience...and I still get lost!
binky

Well in that case would suggest you to try configuring the router according to Internet Service Provider & then once its configured manually you could try connecting it or mounting it & then you could be able to go online wired as well as wireless using the same router.
Rockyriver

[ Edited ]
THe WRT300 and the WRT350 and the WRT330 came with a table top stand, but the WRT600 did not come with a stand. I have no idea why Linksys did this. I also wish that LInksys made more wall mount brackets for there routers like this one.

Message Edited by Rockyriver on 09-26-2008 09:37 PM

Message Edited by Rockyriver on 09-26-2008 09:38 PM
larbel1

I was going to add that I had bought a mounting bracket for a Linksys router, two actually.   But I don't currently know where they are, but I think that yes, they are for the WRT45G style, and will not work on the 600N.

You screw the mounting bracket to the surface you want to mount it to, then the router feet fit into the bracket to keep it secure.   Probably wouldn't work on the ceiling without something else (plastic tie strap) to hold it in place.

Try going to Home Depot or some other hardware store to find a couple of L-shape brackets of some kind to screw to the wall, then slide the router into.  If nothing else, just a couple thin strips of wood with a couple of holes drilled through them.  Then use a LONG tie wrap (or 2) or two to hold it in place.

Not elegant, but functional.  And all you have to do is cut the tie straps to remove the router when needed.
CaddyMan

thanks everyone for the responses. yea, i think i am just going to jerry-rig something and make it work. i tried contacting linksys and boy was that a waste of time. i got people who couldn't speak english and wasted my time. thanks again and take it easy.
Dodzin

Re: wall mounting and stand for wrt350/600

Hello guys,

I have read all your comments, and realized that I am not alone in my thoughts.

It's very difficult to find a safe place for a router without obstructing a wireless network signal broadcasting and creating another jungle of wires. All my network equipment placed in the electrical room in a basement which is not the best location for a transmitting device. After unsuccessful search for a wall mounting bracket, i have made a little (12x24") wooden shelf to place my WRT350 router, and attached it from outside of the electrical cabinet approx. at 6'5" height.

Safe, simple, and a great signal range.

Good luck

Cheers...