lcmone

wireless devices cant connect to router

i have a linsys wrt54g router. my main computer is connected (wired) and works fine. until today my wireless devices were able to connect and access the internet using the router. now the ssid does not show as a possible network connection. i have unplugged everything, rest the router, checked setting, shutdown and reset every computer and all my wireless devices still cant locate the network connection???

jaymay

Re: wireless devices cant connect to router

Hi lcmone!

Can you see a network named 'linksys' on your wireless devices? If they see that name then probably the name has been reset to the default name. All you need to do is to access your router page and re-name it back to the name that you set up before. To change the ssid, please refer to this link: http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=5da50d0b5a5142c190ea9b45046d049c_4582.xml&pid=80&r...

lcmone

linksys doesnt show up either, none of the devices are picking up my ssid (iphone, laptops, ipad)....i have had this router for a while--maybe its done

VALETLINKSYS

Hmmm is the WLAN lit on the router ?

I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
jaymay

lcmone wrote:

linksys doesnt show up either, none of the devices are picking up my ssid (iphone, laptops, ipad)....i have had this router for a while--maybe its done

It's possible that maybe it's done. How about you try to check the ssid broadcast - make sure it is set to "Enabled".

lcmone

yes, power on steady, wlan on steady, port 1 on,  internet light blinking...i have shut dowbn all computers, router, unplugged everything, reset router from the back, double checked all the settings and nothing.....

lcmone

yes, its enebled and still it doesnt show up...thank you for all the help

ScarletJamie

lcmone wrote:

yes, its enebled and still it doesnt show up...thank you for all the help

What about the firmware version of the router? Make sure it's upgraded to the latest version. :smileywink:

lcmone

just updated to latest version and still no good......wireless devices still not able to find network......

ScarletJamie

lcmone wrote:

just updated to latest version and still no good......wireless devices still not able to find network......

Is it possible for you to provide screenshots of the wireless settings tab? What about the channel? Maybe still set to auto?