Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
randjana

wireless solution for range of 2 km

Hello all,

I'am wondering if someone can help me out. I'am looking for a solution for a wireless network. My company wants to gave 5 coworkers internet access through the companys network. They live approximately 2 km far away from the office. Which linksys wirelss router can i use then on clien site i will use just a wireless card. I have searched on the website but the range of the routers is not defined. Other option is to place a wireless router as a main router and then accesspoints at the clients site. But then which one I can use?. Hope someone can help me urgently.
I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Randjana

Re: wireless solution for range of 2 km

the setup is very very complicated.. hehehehe.. i dont think it will work.. try having one network on each place..
~ lyf_R_foeittee ;o) ~~

hi randjana,

you cannot  setup a plain wireless connection if the other network is 2km away from your network since linksys wireless router can go only up to maximum of 120 feet wirelessly. which means, it is impossible to have that, right?

what i can suggest for you to use are two vpn routers on two ends. if you are not using any wireless computers, you may use rv042 (10/100 4-port VPN router) on both ends and configure the VPN settings of the devices. but if you do have wireless computers you can use WRV54G.

for configurations, check out linksys's easy answers page www.linksys.com/kb
and search for the answer id 1705.

chiao!!

I believe,what he is saying joe is that his company is giving away internet access within the company's range of wireless network...so meaning,the company can't/ won't spend another internet service 2kms away... So, he cannot use a VPN since he won't even have an internet access after2 kms away... so how can he connect his VPN?, right?

Well, sad to say, the set-up is too complicated and not that possible.. considering the fact that 2kms away from the back-bone wireless DHCP server will get through any kinds of interferences, the wireless network even when seen on the list (which is less likely will happen using a draft-N standard devices which is the best you can get) ,won't even make a connection at all...

"a helping hand in a community makes the world a universe"
shaf2u

DEAR...

TRY THIS...

1.  BUY A LINKSYS ROUTER WITH EXTERNAL ANTINAS I.E. WRT54GS OR ANYOTHER WITH IF IN WIRELESS N TECHNOLOGY POSSIBLE. (WRT54GS ONLY SUPPORTS WIRLESS B/G)

2.  BUY 24DBI EXTERNAL (180 DEGREE) ANTINAS.

3.  BUY 2 EMPLIFIER 4uMW (I THINK MORE THAN THAT POWER PUBLICALLY NOT ALLOWED)

4.  CONNECT EMPLIFIER TO ANTINA WITH POWERING UP AND JOINT THE ANITA'S FEMALE CONNECTOR INTO ROUTER AND (PULL OUT ITS BUILTON ANTINAS) PLACE TWO OF THE ANTINAS WITH THEIR BACK TOGETHER.

IT WILL COVERS 2KMS.

FOR MORE DETAILS EMAIL ME.

maramasa

Hi,

It's an amazing solution. Can I shoot if i have some doubt. My mail ID is mahendran.r@gmail.com. Kindly reply.