Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Tarynp

wps button

I'm trying to connect my new wireless Kodak esp 5200 series printer, my router is a cisco wrt160N and the instructions say that I have two minutes to push the WPS button on my router.  What or where is the WPS button?

dudztgp

Re: wps button

The one in the middle, two arrows like a recycle bin symbol. WPS is Wifi Protected Setup.
Bernard D

I am trying to set up a ''kodak Hero 5.5 All in  one printer' and am required to push the WPS button on my router. What is WPS and where is the button?

Sandra182

Hi Bernard D,

this is the WPS button

wps.JPG

VALETLINKSYS

just press it for 2 secs not 2 mins

I believe that I can make it :smileyhappy:
ourdogblue

Just purchased a Netgear Wi-F- range extender. Instructions refer to a WPS button, which I can't find on my router, which is LinkSys-Cisco model WRT54G. This is several years old. Does it have a WPS button and, if so, where is it? Thanks.

richard804

The wrt does not have a wps button. You need a E series router.

Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada
ourdogblue

Drat! I knew this was going to be more complicated than at first sight. Thanks for the prompt reply. I'm off to get me an e series router.

Expert
sabretooth

It will connect to your WRT just fine.  You don't need any WPS button for anything.

ourdogblue

Hi Sabretooth. How do I connect the range extender without using the WPS button? The Netgear manual has a section "Manual Connection Without WPS" but it's involved and I'm extremely challenged in computer operations.

If I just power up the new range extender (which has a WPS button) will it detect and connect to my old WRT (which does not have a WPS button) without me doing something else? Thanks for any help.