Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
jkelly95z
Accepted Solution

wrt54g2 - can't setup wi-fi security

Hey all,

just got this new router today.  have everything setup for my home network, port forwarding, static ip, etc...

now i'm trying to setup wi-fi security. 

i'm doing manual mode, and i'm on the wireless security tab.  no matter which option i select from the drop down list, the browser immediately refreshes and reverts back to Security mode disabled.

I tried both manual and protected... no matter what I do, when I select a security mode, it always just refreshs and its back to disabled :smileysad:

anyone have any ideas?

also, where is the firmware for this?  i can't seem to find the product in the downloads section.  Can't find the router in the list

PaulHaas

Re: wrt54g2 - can't setup wi-fi security

What browser are you using?  My router won't properly process the admin pages unless I use IE 7.0 - IE8 beta and Google Chrome beta don't work and I'm not sure about Firefox. 
jkelly95z

Hey Paul,

I'm using IE 7.  Good idea on trying a different browser, should of given that a try before posting!!

I'll give it a go when I get home from work... My users (meaning wife) are really giving me grief for this downtime :smileyhappy:

As a note tho, IE 7 worked for everything else on the admin area... setting static ip/firewall rules, etc...

peanuts

First try to use a different computer to configure the router .

And you can also try to upgrade the firmware of the router from www.linksys.com/downloads.

jkelly95z

just home from work... tried a diff. machine and it works fine!

thx all