Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Omnichron
Accepted Solution

wrt54gs bricked... I flashed the firmware v4 via tftp

I am able to ping 192.168.1.1 with success, but when I try to access the web interface it times out. I really need your help!
DSE 1

Re: wrt54gs bricked... I flashed the firmware v4 via tftp

As long as you are able to ping it,  you can reflash the firmware.   You may have to use a JTAG cable & a debricking program.  Only as a last resort...
Omnichron

woots jtag cable? you mean a console cable?
Omnichron

holy crap! it worked! I was not only able to recover from brickdom, but also improve my router. my $60 router is now $600 monster! thank you for your help :smileywink:
PsiHawk

Would love to know what you did, I am having the same issue.

Works fine but if I try to configure or anything it's fried.

paulacrich

I, too, would like to know what you did that worked. My screen only shows the first few words, and when I click on 'go to solution' it only goes back to this email, which has no details.  i can't even get any work done because it's always timing out and showing poor connection and low connection speed.  thanks for any help.
S2Nice

I had a WRT54G  that was semi-bricked. It still functioned fine but the management pages were unuseable. Could open the pages, but could see no text or find any buttons on any of them. I had accidentally updated with firmware for wrong hardware version. It happens...

Anyways, I used the linksys firmware updater program available from the Linksys FTP site. You can either wade through the many folders there to find it or use a search to locate "WRT54G Firmware updater_4.30.5_US_code.exe" to find it. It runs from windows, so even if your management pages are broken in your router you can still upload firmware to it. It took me a WHILE to find this program, but now I keep a copy of it 'just in case'.

Happy Motoring,

13-node home network including:
WRT54GSv7.2, WRT54Gv5, and EZXS88W providing the connections.
Two NSLU2 , one with 320GB and one with 2 1TB drives providing storage for media and machine backups.
An AppleTV, Wii, PSP and Ipod Touch for entertainment. (sorry, WD TVLive, you weren't iTunes freindly)
Vonage VoIP box and two laptops for communication and general surfing and so on.
A mini print server, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Lore4321nz

I've been looking for this file.  Where can I find it?  Can you provide a link?

Arnold

andycro

I too have searched the site but cannot find that file - or an ftp section even

anyone have a link?

I have tried updating my firmware  (currently v3.37.2)   on WRT54GS 1.1  but despite following the instructions carefully, everytime it fails & live chat wont help on the free section - only if I pay the premium rates - which may be ok for a business, but for a private user thats a different matter

dragon40

Hi,

Did you try a hard reset? Also dd-wrt Wiki has good info about

this. I am a fan of dd-wrt firmware.