chorba

wrt54gs v2

hello,

after updating the firmware to v4.71.4 i am  having problem setting up my wireless secuirty.

when i try to change something, i get a message that says the router cannot connect by pptp.

in order to connect i have to reset my router  and set it all back.

now i am using my router witout security in order to get online.

i have to say that with the old firm ware i didnt have this kind of problem.

what can i do? can i do a roll back to the old firmware?

Bigmatt

Re: wrt54gs v2

Are you trying to set up a VPN???

Just wire your router to your PC and configure it through the web utility (you may have to disable your wireless card).

You can downgrade your firmware but its not the firmware that's doing something wrong...

GoodLuck

Matt :smileyhappy:
vai_fan

Re: wrt54gs v2

If you are getting that error message that means your computer has a VPN connection adapter installed on it, and its not getting connected to the network.

Open an Internet Explorer browser page on your wired computer(desktop).In the address bar type - 192.168.1.1 and press Enter...Leave username blank & in password use admin in lower case...
For Wireless Settings, please do the following : -
Click on the Wireless tab
- Wireless Network mode should be mixed...
- Provide a unique name in the Wireless Network Name (SSID) box in order to differentiate your network from your neighbours network...

- Set the Wireless channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...
Please make a note of Wireless Network Name (SSID) as this is the Network Identifier...
For Wireless Security : -
Click on the Sub tab under Wireless > Wireless Security...
Change the Wireless security mode to WEP, Encryption should be 64 bit.Leave the Passphrase blank, don't type in anything...
Under WEP Key 1 type in any 10 numbers please(numbers only and no letters eg: your 10 digit phone number) and click on save settings...
Please make a note of WEP Key 1 as this is the Security Key for the Wireless Network...

Click on Advanced Wireless Settings
Change the Beacon Interval to 75 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2304,Change the RTS Threshold to 2304 >>Click on "Save Settings"...
Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...