Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
bloodbath

wrtu54g-tm: Keep getting disconnected from XBox Live

I currently have the wrtu54g-tm wireless router, and I'm having an issue with staying connected to  XBox live for any amount of  time greater than an than an hour.  This can become quite bothersome as I always lose my progress and must log back in.  I can log back in right away, but will eventually get booted after a little while. I don't seem to have any issues with the internetwhen surfing however.

I recently updated the router firmaware to 1.0.0.21 which I have read has several major issues (I didn't know it at the time).  I am able to get a "NAT: Open" status on my XBox by using port forwarding (if this even matters here), but couldn't do so through the DMZ (something like that) setting.

So is this related to the dreaded .21 firmware or is there something I need to do in my set-up?   Sorry for the crappy discription, but I'm a little inexperienced with routers and such.  Thanks again.

binky

Re: wrtu54g-tm: Keep getting disconnected from XBox Live

On your Router first change the MTU Size to 1364 and click on Save Settings, Then you need to click on the Wireless tab and below Set the Wireless channel to 11-2.462GHz...Wireless SSID broadcast should be Enabled and then click on Save Settings...Click on Advanced Wireless Settings tab under Wireless and Change the Beacon Interval to 50 >>Change the Fragmentation Threshold to 2204, Change the RTS Threshold to 2204 >>Click on "Save Settings"...

Now see if you can locate your Wireless Network and attempt to connect...

bloodbath

Re: wrtu54g-tm: Keep getting disconnected from XBox Live

Thanks for the help, but it didn't seem to work  After about an hour, I was booted from Xbox Live and had to log in again. This setup also changed my Xbox Live NAT status from "Open" to "Moderate".  Not sure if that's a big issue, but I know "Open' is what Microsoft recommends for the best online experience. 

Am I the only one with this issue or is this common?  Also, does port forwarding come into play?  Thanks again for any help.