Re: 5GHz Disappears

[ Edited ]

I am not having problems (as far as I am aware) of the radio rebooting and since setting the 5 Ghz band to AC but MANUALLY selecting a channel number it has been very stable and I can now get the full 200 Mbps that I subscribe to.

Dont suppose you live by an airport (or other facility with Radar) do you ?

I was thinking it might be something to do with DFS ??

I actually do live close to a airport. Same question Linksys team asked me.

We set 5GHz channel manually to 44 and later to149. Same result.

Linksys support team have now found the problem. Unfortuantely they keep it a secret at the moment (dont know for what reason). But there should be a firmware release soon for both RE6500 and WAP750AC. 

Expert

If you are close to an airport then DFS radar detection could be changing the channel on you. I recommend setting the 5Ghz channel to 36.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

This does not solve the issue unfortunaely. Also having 3 AP's on the same channel is not advisable for many reasons.

As mentioned before. Issue is identified and scheduled as part of next firmware release. We will wait to see if this works 100%.

Expert

If you would like to try a WAP750AC Beta Firmware that has a fix for this issue private message me the below information by clicking on my forum username:

Subject: WAP750AC Beta Firmware Request

Full Name

Address State and Country

Email address to send the Beta Tester agreement to

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

my question to you is. are you using different channels for all the ap's and setting them up for mesh mode? or are they all crosstalking eachother and fighting

try setting up the network to mesh and see if that helps as it doesnt sound like thats the way you are doing this and you are conflicting eachother

I am using different channels numbers with the same SSID for both my router and my access point.

The AP is wired to my router with a length of CAT6 and is using 'Access Point (Wired Range Extender)' mode.

Once I had manually set the channel number on the AP to 48 it because stable and has been ever since.  I have no idea why there are problems when setting the channel to Auto.

I am on firmware 'v1.0.07'

Highlighted

its because natively 5ghz transfers best on channel 48 and usually has the leasdt interference with other divices like apples wave products. if your neighbor has any apple products that can reach the signal of your units then they will definately cause issues.

im having a simmilar issue with my 2.4 going bonkers and dropping at the modem due to apple iphone8+ being introduced to the syste,. never had the issue with the galaxy S8's we had but as soon as an apple product connect to the internet kiiss one broadcasting bandwith goodbye