LAPAC1750 AP Dropping Connection

[ Edited ]

I have 13 LAPAC1750 Access Points in our company, they are in a single cluster. Our laptops keeps having random disconnections and as I troubleshooted I found that by pining the access point directly I get very high latency and sometimes request time out even when Im standing right under the AP.

Here is the troubleshooting steps I've done so far:

- Tried to disable the cluster and work on a single AP

- Configured all APs to have automatic channels

- Configured RTS to 1480 (didn't make any difference)

- Kept the channel width to 20Mhz

Also is there any method to restrict connections to certain speed (i.e no clients connect if the speed they're getting is below 54 Mbps)

Any help is appreciated.

Expert

Re: LAPAC1750 AP Dropping Connection

Are they the PRO version?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

[ Edited ]

No they are the the normal LAPAC1750 AC1750 Dual Band Access Point

Edit: they have the latest firmware on them.

[ Edited ]

Do you still have the problem? I have a very simlar issue with all Apple iPhones and LAPAC1750 (not Pro). I tried everything. I have a beta-firmware now, it's a little bit better but still not acceptable. Roaming from one AP to another is still not working at all. I always have to switch off the WiFi off and on the iPhone. Otherwise the wouldn't recconect. Even if you stay still, the iPhones disconnect from time to time but then reconnect again after about 5 seconds.

I'm maintaining almost a hundred Extreme Networks Access Points in our company, so I think I know what I'm doing (hopefully)...

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing the same issue with my LAPN600's. I have four installed but will be installing more (maybe) and I have issues with what appears to be interference. 

I have 9 Nest Cameras and the signal strength on them is pretty good (anywhere from -40 to -60) yet they will randomly disconnect for 10-15 minutes and the issues seem to get worse when more activity is going on. 

I experience some period where all devices in a particular access point wont connect. For example, in my bedroom I have an access point installed and all my devices in that room won't be able to connect (sometimes for an hour or or so) and then magically things will start working again. 

I have all the AP's on stagging channels, I have lowered the TX rates but yet my issues still persist. 

I also have the same issues with my iPhones as the previous user posted. 

Is anyone going to address our concerns on this? These AP's are not exactly cheap and they are not performing like typical access points. 

Thanks

So tonight we were watching tv, and all of our devices basically disconnected. Some reconnected but the main AP seemed to have issues. On our laptop the yellow icon came up saying no internet access yet all of the hardwired devices were working just fine. 

Whats up with these AP's? 

I have spent months now trying different settings and reducing and increasing the TX rates etc . etc . etc .. 

If someone can't respond, I can send these back. 

Hi, so I had CisCo AP's running on my DLINK POE+ switch for about 3 years without any faults at all - No Drop outs at all.  I read about these AP's and how good they were and they are not cheap like the TP-LINK ones.  I bought these and have had them for about 1 month.  I have had no end of drop-out issues with these.  I have tried to configure these as a Cluster and even then they have issues.  so schanged them to single mode.  I have moved from having 3 SSID's to now onlt 1 so as not to "up-set" the AP's but even that is not working.  I have today upgraded the firmwate to the latest version and these is no changhe at all. I seriously need some help because otherwise I will have to return these and buy the TP-LINK ones instead.

Hi Jags007:

I ended up taking my LAP's down. I believe the reviews you are seeing must be false or paid comments because these AP's are terrible. 

I could never keep my devices connected and roaming was terrible. 

I recently purchased Dell AP's (Also known as Aruba AP's). These are wonderful and beautiful. I recommend going with those. 

Thanks Hollyw00d - I think I might have to do the same