LAPAC1750PRO problems (stability + performance)

Hello,

A while ago I bought a LAPAC1750PRO for home use but I have some problems so it's impossible to use the device:

1.  every day I have to reboot the device (pulling out electricity cord) because I cannot connect to the wireless signal it sends out. The tablet or phone just does not want to connect. After a reboot it connects ok.

2.  When I get connected with a device on the wireless signal it is very slow.

I talked with techsupport with chat (case 06865817)

are these problems known or is it just my device?

Expert

Re: LAPAC1750PRO problems (stability + performance)

I may have a beta firmware that could solve this issue.

If you would like to try it, Private Message me by clicking on my Forum Username and send me the below information:

Private Message Subject: "LAPAC1750PRO Beta Frimware Request"

Full Name

Address State and Country

Email Address to send the Beta Tester Agreement to

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Hi, CapaAs of now, we can't say that it is a known issue or just with your device. We still need to check this further and gather more information. When the wireless devices drop or stop working, can you still communicate with the access point or access its Setup page?

To improve the performance of the access point, make sure that the firmware is updated and check wireless settings. It is best to use a wireless channel that has less wireless interference.

Aside from it, it is also better to reset and reconfigure the access point.

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

Any idea when updated firmware is expected to be released?  I have a brick right now because i got tired of rebooting every day.  Would like to see if the FW will make this device usable.  Thanks

Hello,

Would you also be able to send me a link to download this BETA Firmware?  I always have to reset my LAPAC1750PRO everyday just for the computer to connect to it.  It works for half a day then I have to reset it.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Keith

I filled out the NDA and downloaded the beta firmware that addresses an IPv6 problem, the AP has been running for 3 days and no need to reboot.  Thanks!

I had contact with linksys technicians and after some phone calls they advised me to go back to the store where I bought it to change it for a new device.  I only had to refer to the case at linksys.

They gave me a new device immediately and a new invoic including credit invoice so that the warranty is also renewed.

I am very happy on how Linksys handled my case !  Thumbs up !

I also filled out the NDA and downloaded the beta firmware and the Access Point has been running smoothly since then and no need to reboot.  Thanks!

I got my new AP with renewed warranty included, but the problem is there again.

Expert

Hi, Capa. What troubleshooting steps have you made so far? Please email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can endorse your case to our second level team to further assist you with this matter.

Chris-21499
Linksys Technical Support