RE70000 Doesn't Seem to Hold a Good Signal for Me

I live a space that is about 1500sqft.  I have a combo modem/router SBG6700-AC sitting in a corner room of the house.  I set the range extender to a range where it says it's in a good spot.  it shows a green LED on the front.  I have some wifi cameras and a PS3 connected to the range extender with good reception.  My cameras lose connectivity often, and when I try and watch Netflix or Hulu, I lose connection every time every couple minutes.  I'm thinking maybe I have something set up wrong.  This product seemed to have good reviews overall.  I have the extender settings set to match the existing router settings.  Any ideas of how I could revise something so I can watch a show without losing connection? 

Thanks  

Re: RE70000 Doesn't Seem to Hold a Good Signal for Me

Hi, Desert_Shiv. Solid green light means that the extender is working fine. Have you tried to check if you're getting a stable connection from the modem/router? Are the other wireless devices experiencing the same issue as well? Also, make sure that the RE7000 is running on the latest firmware. 

Rosalyn - 21986
Linksys Technical Support

Hey, thanks for the reply.  I had everything hooked up to the modem/router before with rare problems.  I thought a range extender could help reach stuff on the other side of the house with a closer range.  Items closer the modem/router seem to be fine, just the items near the range extender lose connection often.

Extender IP Address is set to Automatic Config. 

Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz are checked to 'make same as router settings'.

I go to https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=187988 and the current version shows to be 1.0.00.029 with a new version 1.0.01.021.  I've attached a picture of my current firmware verion (1.1.02.004)

20180615 1407 Linksys RE7000 Firmware.jpg 

You may relocate the range extender halfway between the router and client devices, Desert_Shiv. Make sure that it is away from physical obstructions and other wireless devices (i.e. cordless phone, radio, baby monitor, microwave, and etc.) that can cause interference. We also recommend running the Spot Finder feature in relocating the range extender.

If the issue persists, please email us at LinksysCares@Linksys.com with your username, link to this post, the serial number of the RE7000, and your contact details (name, city/state, and phone number) so that we can have our escalation engineers assist you further.

Reil – 22071
Linksys Technical Support