Re: WAP300N becomes unresponsive after switch to 5GHz

Has been running fine with 2.4GHz WiFi.

Have reset it to factory default (reset button 5 seconds).

Linked up via network cable on Web 10.100.1.1, and modified WiFi to 5GHz, after reboot then the following happens:

- When turned on.

- Short flash in Ethernet.

- Flashing Power by 20 seconds.

- Steady light in WiFi, it showing SSID shortly, but there can not be connected to it.

No light in Power.

No light in Ethernet (with or without network cable)

No light in WiFi Protect button.

Nothing happens by doing a reset in 5 seconds.

Nothing happens by keeping reset inside, wait 30 seconds, turn it off for 30 seconds and turn it on and wait for 30 seconds, then release reset.

Same problem/error/issue like all the others in this thread.

[ Edited ]

Hi, you may see my postings.  “Been there done that”, my WAP300N bricked.  Eventually I got a call from a very knowledgeable and kind Linksys customer rep.  We did the troubleshootings and she even connected to my network to better assess the situation.  The problem was the firmware update with switch to 5 GHz, but the Linksys rep was in denial and never really spoke that up, probably because she couldn’t expose a liability to her company.  Well, how about taking the responsibility and keeping customers satisfied and loyal to the brand?  Again, my WAP300N was bricked, useless, not working, non-responsive.  No solution!  She finally asked me “What do you want me to do now?”, then I answered “I want my WAP300N to be repaired or exchanged with another one that works.”  Her answer: “No, we cannot do that...”  That was it, almost laughable!  It is a waste of time.  Whoever runs the after-sales in Linksys should go back to school to learn what customer service and customer experience really mean, and also that they have competitors out there wanting their customers.  Regards,

I have the same problem. But as I see, there is no solution. It seems my next device will be any brand but linksys.

Highlighted

I have the same issue Smiley Mad

Spoiler
Spoiler

After i hade configured the 5Ghz SSID the AP restarts and a physical link to the Ethernet interfcae wasn't possible aber the AP ends with the boot procedur. During the boot procedur -with an ethernetlink in up state- Wireshark captured 2 v6 packet with a router solicitation and a multicast listener message from the source MAC of the AP.

Any known factory default procedure are without an effect.