Re: WAP300N becomes unresponsive after switch to 5GHz

Sadly, the linksyscare email support has not replied yet. the condition has caused inconveniences and am still waiting for some good news. as of now, the device is still sitting there bricked. Smiley Sad

Can only say I have same problem as others, faint clicking and solid radio LED after selecting 5GHz. No reset helps.

Hi, Tandersen. We strongly recommend that you upgrade the firmware of the device. Keeping the firmware on your device up-to-date will help ensure it functions more efficiently and fix issues you may have experienced while using it. You can download the firmware here: http://www.linksys.com/ph/support-article?articleNum=148575. Make sure that you download the correct version that corresponds to the version of your router. You may also check this link on how to upgrade your access point's firmware: http://www.linksys.com/ph/support-article?articleNum=141139. Update us with the results. Smiley Wink

Dennis - 20702
Linksys Technical Support

Dennis_B and others suggesting upgrade of software and providing links for 'how to':

It does not really help since not possible to connect to the device, despite having tried different suggestions of reset.

If I was able to reset it, I would also be able to upgrade it, but it is just dead after setting to 5GHz, just a faint clicking and radio LED on.

I think you don't understand us. it's totally bricked! there is no way of us connecting to it, be it wired or wireless. the IP is unreachable, there is no possibility for u to access the thing.

[ Edited ]

Hi guys! It seems like we have to look closer into this challenge. Please send an email to LinksysCares@linksys.com with the link to this thread, your full name, phone number, location, username, and a copy of the receipt.

Irish_16855

Hi moderators & experts, much have been done to write to them and they seems to claim that there is nothing wrong with the firmware whereby clearly, the problem IS from the firmware right after updating it to v1.0.03.

anyway, linksys cust care has abandoned helping because they are currently in denial and claims the device is not within any support region other than the US.

thanks guys anyway, they'll try to escalate this 1 more time to see if higher mgmt will reconsider into looking into it.

[ Edited ]

Thanks all for this.  It helped me realize I am not alone... Yesterday I also unfortunately updated the firmware of my working WAP300N to v1.0.03 and setup AP mode in 5GHz and it got bricked too... Does anybody have a solution?  It is amazing! I never saw a problem like that!  It is simply impossible to reset the box... 30/30/30 or 60/60/60 etc. simply won't reset the box.  But after I power down and then up, I can see the IPv6 address of the WAP300N on my router list for a minute or two (it is fe80:0000:0000:0000:9afc:11ff:feaf:c2ad) then the WAP300N goes off line again (not the IP address like before when it worked fine 192.168.1.140, this old IP address is now blank on my router's list of clients).  Only the antenna green LED remains lit, other LEDs get dark after I power it down, wait 30 sec, and power up again.  Many thanks if someone can help!

@IT_client
We'll have our 2nd level support team check your device to make sure. Just send us your contact details through our email at LinksysCares@linksys.com so that we can further assist you.

Thaddeus - 14850

I'll have u know that their so-called support team had exchanged N-th number of emails as well as called me numerous times saying they'll replace my unit. In the end, its been more than 1 yr now and I've destroyed all 4xx over units due to its defect and stopped using linksys/cisco products becos there is no local support. Nothing against anybody. Its just a no-choice situation becos no one took this matter seriously