WAP300N problem

ihave many issues about WAP300N

1. its configured from 3 yrs , i dont know the password even the ip address to change the ssid password
  2. its always from time to time hanging unliss i turn it off and on again then its working for couple of hours abd back same problem (users always complain that they cant connect to wireless untill i restart the AP)
  3. how can i know the password of the AP so i can access it and change what ever i need
  4. whats the problem of this hanging , should i reset and upgrade software or wht should i do

please help

Re: WAP300N problem

Hi, amralrazzaz. Is the access point still sends connection? You may try to access the user interface via 10.100.1.1 and reconfigure the settings. A reset can be helpful if you cannot access the interface.  

Nestor_C 21974
Linksys Technical Support

okay thanks alot , can u help me how to configure as AP while the wapn300 directly connecting to switch 2960 to be able to have and access to internet via wifi 

also whats the setting of ip 

should i assign static ip for the AP ,also the dhcp should be enable or disabled to not face conflict with dhcp server of router or what ?

@amralrazzaz wrote:

okay thanks alot , can u help me how to configure as AP while the wapn300 directly connecting to switch 2960 to be able to have and access to internet via wifi 

also whats the setting of ip 

should i assign static ip for the AP ,also the dhcp should be enable or disabled to not face conflict with dhcp server of router or what ?

That should be configured as DHCP enabled by default, amralrazzaz. However, you can also set the AP to static IP. What's the make and model of the router you're using though?

Nestor_C 21974

ROUTER 2911 CONNECTED TO 2960 SWITCH GIGA PORT AND wap300n AP connected to switch 

wnat to ask u about the latest fireware to upgrade the ap ?

and also its better to put it on 5 or 2.4 ??

@amralrazzaz wrote:

wnat to ask u about the latest fireware to upgrade the ap ?

Here's the link for the firmware version. For further isolation, you can try to reflash the firmware. Also, have you tried to connect the AP straight from the router via wired? If not, you may try that as well.

Nestor_C 21974

cisco router 2911 this is the main server router and it already has 2 port one to switch and one to isp cisco router 1900 

so its not possible to do that?

the firmware the latest is issued at 22-12-2014 ? correct ? this is the last one till now ?

reflash u mean reupgrade the firmware again with same ? or what 

?

its better to assign static ip or keep it dhcp as default but how can i access the AP after?

which better 2.4ghz or 5ghz?

thanks

Expert

[ Edited ]

To configure the device, you should access the setup page through typing in on the browser's address bar the IP address: 10.100.1.1 and go to wireless tab > wireless security > choose WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode and it will prompt you to make a password for your chosen wireless security channel.

You may visit this article to know the difference of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

If you are provided by your Internet Service Provider an IP address, then you can set it to Static IP. If not, leave it as Automatic Configuration- DHCP.

Yes, you can reflash the the firmware if its needed.

Coleen_R 21984