WAP54G - Can't Configure, NO Act LED active

Got a new WAP54G. First installation seemed hassle-free. Then I wanted to change IP Adress and startet the CD Config again. That was about it. Currently there is the power led (red) and the Link led (yellow) active. Act led is off. I can't find the AP in the network. I've tried direct connect from PC to 192.168.1.245 but this IP is not responding. On my router it seems as if the WAP54G is not connected (cables are connected). Exchanging the cables didn't work. Resetting the Router via reset button didn't work either.

Re: WAP54G - Can't Configure, NO Act LED active

Dont try resetting the router, reset your WAP54G for 30 secs in such a way that power light is blinking on the access point...also unplug the power cables from the access point & the modem...plug in the power cable to the modem first then once power & dsl lights are solid green you could plug the power cable to the WAP54G...& then try check the internet connection...it will definately work!!

I've been trying to reset the WAP54G now for more than a minute without the network cable. The power light remains on, no blinking. The strange thing is: yesterday it was working fine, today it was working fine, now the WAP54G seems completely inactive on the router, doesn't request an IP, doesn't do anything. The Power led is on. The Act led is off. The Link led is on. It is not connected to the network. Pinging the old IP address (just to be sure) doesn't get me anything either.

HOw close is it to another wireless device. I learned that I cannot stack the WAP54G ontop of the WRT54G even thou the devices are on different chanels
Darrin J. Calcutt, CEO, COO

Canadian Locomotive Logistics

http://atc.lovethosetrains.com

http://my.hdvideo.ca

the PC and the laptop are close and they a wireless card but there is no router or access point within 10 meters.

Same thing keeps happening: WLAN suddenly goes offline, power led is on, Link LED is on. No Act LED. On the router (Zyxel) there's no activity on the LAN Line. I think I'll just give back the stuff and get something else.

Re-flash the unit with the latest firmware, even if it all ready has it.

Regards

Fred

Try resetting the access point in this way:

1º connect the network cables
2º press and hold the reset button
3º connect the power source before releasing the reset button

It worked for me, the act led is now on.

I hope it will work for you too.

Excuse me if my english is not correct.

I had the hardware replaced - now it works just fine.

I AM FROM BRAZIL AND I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE SECOND GENERATION WAP54G, LED THE ACT IS NOT ACTIVE DID EVERYTHING THAT WAS INDICATED AND NOTHING WORKED.
I thought FORUM HERE IN BRAZIL IN THIS RECOMMENDATION http://www.sorgonet.com/network/wap54gbricked/, SO I'M AFRAID OF MAKING AND MY WORK NO MORE WAP54G.

SORRY MY ENGLISH IS NOT VERY GOOD