Re: WAP54G My MAC has been overwritten ???

I have two WAPs and have a hard time setting one to repeat the other sense both for some reason have the same MAC address.

Could anyone please mail me the fix??

please contact me at marco.hwt@gmail.com  thanks!

Hi i would need also the solution i got the same problem with a WAP54G v3.1 i got a different MAC not what i got on the label.

e-mail: ervin.bartha@gmail.com.

Thanks Ervin

I have 3 access points with the same mac address can you please send me the fix on it@taqapower.com     thanks a lot in advance

How did this happen? Were all three working fine before? Did you update the firmware on each WAP? If so, do reset and doublecheck the mac address again. MAC address is supposed to  be unique and should be on a sticker on the wap which you can verify.

Hi. We also have a problem with 2 same IP address on our 2 Linksys WAP54G. I do not realised how that happened. We have last version of firmware 3.0.8. On AP label sticker are totaly different MAC. Can You please send me solution on matrixhr@gmail.com. Thanks in advance. BR...

Can you post here what MAC Address you’re getting on the two WAPs? Did you try to reset also after you did an update for the firmware?

Hi. MAC address on both AP are: 00:90:4c:91:00:01. After reseting to original factory state, mac address are still the same? I realy don t know where is the problem? With firmware 3.0.5 also was the same address!

Hey, if you can please email me the fix also to brandons@swooka.com , I have 9 Linksys WAP54G v.31 that all have the same mac and are useless to me unless I fix. thanks alot

Highlighted

I know this thread is very old but I would be very grateful if someone could dig out the fix for this and email it to me.

I have tried Linksys support and they were unable to help (presumably as the kit is quite old now).

Thanks