Expert

Re: wireless access point, to extend wireless signal

Interesting I must be mistaken about disabling the DHCP server also disabling all other features.

Is the guest wireless still operational and the file dates on the external storage?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support
Highlighted

Re: wireless access point, to extend wireless signal

@chadster766wrote:
Interesting I must be mistaken about disabling the DHCP server also disabling all other features.

Is the guest wireless still operational and the file dates on the external storage?

The Guest Acess tab IS still available, and I'm able to turn it on or off, but I don't really use the Guest feature.  I was mainly concerned with using the external storage, which is working flawlessly.  I have the drive mapped in Windows, and am able to transfer and access without issue.  The only issue I had, was with MKV movie file types on the drive - the media server works, but my smart TV wouldn't stream MKV files saying it wasn't compatible.

Not a biggie, the drive is now strictly being used as a back up drive for data.

I also had an EA3500 prior to this 9200, and with that router, I used the "Bridge Mode" selection for over a year because I didn't know better, and it too disabled the extra features, and did NOT allow access to my other network (from which it was fed). I spent weeks trying to set up Windows Home Group functions, and generally trying to access 1 pc from another pc, and I struggled signifiantly with it.  At one time I thought I had the home group working, but then when I tried to access it the next day, I would get messages saying there is no home group on this pc. I could not access pc's connected to the 2 different networks while in bridged mode.

WRT3200ACM w/High Gain Antenna's,
ISP Modem: CODA-4582, 1000/30 Package, EA9200 (retired)