Accepted Solution

Two IP Numbers Major Problems

The only thing I did was ask TimeWarner Cable/Spectrum to upgrade my speed from Ultimate 1 to Ultimate 2 in speed , and it seems like all ----- happenend after that. They said that I don't have the capable Modem for that, they said they had to send me another one, I saiid fine but do not send me on with WiFi capability because I have my own Linksys Router which they did twice. I sent both back to the local TimWarner office here in Shelby NC, the lady at the desk did give me another Modem/Router but I do not see the 2.4 and the 5G lighted up, but I have two IP Numbers one is when I go to the website"What's My IP and my Routers, I find it in External Storage FTP Server, I use to find it somewhere else on my Linksys Smart WiFi page but I can't seem to find it now, I can't seem to access nothing away from my house, for example my two WVC80N cameras my MyCloud and I have two other IP cameras in my home but they are not Linksys I can't even bring up my Linsys WiFi Dashboard on my IPhone. I can log on to each one when I'm at home but not when I'm away from home using the Routers IP Number and Ports.

I have Single Port Forwarding on both of my Linksys cameras

Thanks Tim

Expert

Re: Two IP Numbers Major Problems

What is the model number of the modem/router that they keep giving you, and what speed is Untimate 2?

I just had to get a modem only for my parents, as it was horrible, I think theirs was a Pace brand.

If they keep giving you a modem/router combo, you would want to set it to bridge mode, which is why I asked the make and model of it.

DD-WRT: WRT3200ACM - r35531
APs: WRT1200ACv1 -r35531, WRT1900ACv1-r35531
Velop: WHW0101
RE6500, RE9000 TWC/Spectrum - 300/25
SysLog Watcher 4, Security Onion VB

Thanks for replying, its a Ubee model DDW36C, send me the link on how to bridge this router if you hink this is the issuse, I have to go to work I will check it when I get home

Thanks

Expert

Hi, Brute. Just to confirm, is your new modem acts as a modem only or does it also broadcast its own wireless network? With regards to your second question, it is best that you contact your ISP and have them assist you in setting your gateway to Bridge Mode.

By the way, since you got your new modem-router, it is best that you reset and reconfigure your Linksys router to sync its new Settings to the gateway that you now own.

Chris-21499
Linksys Technical Support
Expert

Sorry for taking so long Brute,

Here is a link to help bridge the Ubee, there is a PDF file from TW http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r30467771-Has-anyone-yet-figured-out-bridged-mode-on-the-Ubee-DDW36C

I see it's capable of 868 mbps, that's why I was wondering what Ultimate 2 speed was, but this should handle that.
DD-WRT: WRT3200ACM - r35531
APs: WRT1200ACv1 -r35531, WRT1900ACv1-r35531
Velop: WHW0101
RE6500, RE9000 TWC/Spectrum - 300/25
SysLog Watcher 4, Security Onion VB
Highlighted

Thank you Christopher_S and OMGWTFBBQ as Christopher was posting his message posting his message on the community I was on the phone with TimeWarner Cable/Spectrum asking them to bridge this Modem/Router, they did now both my IP numbers for the Modem/Router are the same.

I bought a new Router through Linksys it should be here by Wednesday

Thans Guys