Video clip size very limited - Linksys LCAD03VLNOD

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Linksys LCAD03VLNOD outdoor bullet cam and set up Motion detection to save clips to a Samba share.

The problem I have is that the video clips are limited in size to a maximum of 6144Kb, which seems to be the same as the “Maximum Buffer Size”. This results in very short/small clips of the events (15-18 seconds @ 720p and 5-6 seconds @ 1080p), which makes them less useful in a real life event.

My question: Am I doing something wrong or is this camera incapable of recording longer clips?

Many thanks in advanced.

Re: Video clip size very limited - Linksys LCAD03VLNOD

Mine does not do that, they are longer.

With what software do you read them by the way?

[ Edited ]

Here are the settings of the camera: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g6at2yu86303nst/AADIzqBmpdvUh1fwbZ8NmGU8a?dl=0

I’m using VLC media player for mac to view the clips.

I have been playing with the Video-settings. By reducing the stream-quality I’m able to record longer clips with lower quality, but the clips are still limited by size to ~6Mb.

Are you able to record longer clips (10-20 mins) triggered by motion detection? How did you set up your system?

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

My files are more than 100 MB big. I go to max resolution normally. But that is for a recording on the NVR, I do not know if you are talking of a recording on the SD Card, or a Samba stream as it seems from your screenshots.

The motion detection has never worked properly, it is probably a computing power issue, but I have not tried a lot. There is a sepparate thread on that.

However, I cannot read the files on the NVR with VLC for Mac: What version? Did you install anything special to do it? The custommer support told me they are proprietary, aren't they then? 

Jaime