LAPN600 throughput issues

I have been using this device since middle of 2017, with intermittent stability. Rebooting the device seems to return user perception of acceptible throughput. Here are some issues which I do notice before rebooting the device

1) Receive errors (note in System Status | Statistics screen), approximately 10% total packets seen.

2) suspicious messages in System Status | Log View (ath_bstuck_tasklet: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss count 9) 

The number of receive errors increases of time (does that mean the the access point is receiving packets in error on the radio link, or the wire link ??

The number of "stuck beacon" messages seen in the Log View also increase.

Any ideas as to where I should focus my troubleshooting efforts to resolve the throughput issue.

FYI:

When I run a speed test to my local ISP (from the same device, which is an iPhone 6, only WiFi active, I get the following results (as viewed on the endpoint)

Radio1 = B/G/N-mixed, Auto - 39Mbps down, 29 Mbps up

Radio2 = N only, 40 - 5.2GHz - 78Mbps down, 30 Mbps up

Re: LAPN600 throughput issues

I should have shared with the group, then when running the speedtest from a host connected using a wired connection, the following results are obtained; 313 Mbps download, 35 Mbps upload

Make sure that you have an updated firmware, bbrotschi_AZ. You may refer to this link for the latest firmware for the LAPN600. After you have upgraded it, reset and re-configure the Access Point. Let us know if you're still having issues so we can assist you further.

Jo-Ann - 21744
Linksys Technical Support

the WAP is using the most current version of software. See below the two screen shots

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Got that, bbrotschi_AZ. We'd like to have our escalation engineers assist you. Please send us your contact details at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with the link on this thread so we can have this checked.

• Name
  • Email Address
  • Contact Number
  • Location (city/state)
  • Link
Nestor_C 21974
Linksys Technical Support