Highlighted

LRT-224 VLAN

Later this week I will be replacing some dumb switches on a 200 device network and attempting to segment the LAN to allow for priorities and security. So, in the plan is this...

Vlan1, default 192.168.1.0/24
Vlan10,Office, 192.168.10.0/24
Vlan20, Guests, 192.168.20.0/24
Vlan30, VOIP, 192.168.30.0/24
Vlan40, Video, 192.168.40.0/24

I figure this will simplify things. But I need to get the tagging correct so I wanted to run this by you experts here.

There will be one 'trunk' from the LRT224 to two Ubiquiti switches that are connected to each other with fiber. The Ubiquiti switches are vlan switches.

The requirements are that all vlans will have internet access.
The office vlan should have access to all vlans except the guest vlan. If they need on that they can connect to an AP.
The video and voip vlans will not have computers on it and access will be controlled by acl. But there will be cameras, nvr, and a phone system.
Two of the cat5 wires will share a telephone and a computer but I believe the telephones have vlan aware ports. Even if they do not the switches have auto sensing VOIP ports.

Since there will only be 1 port in use on the LRT224 shouldn't that port be a member of all vlans and tagged for all vlans except the default that is untagged? All of the vlan will be happening mostly on the Ubiquiti switches. And the switches should all have the same vlan configuration, right?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
Mark

Expert

Re: LRT-224 VLAN

@wrote:

Since there will only be 1 port in use on the LRT224 shouldn't that port be a member of all vlans and tagged for all vlans except the default that is untagged? All of the vlan will be happening mostly on the Ubiquiti switches. And the switches should all have the same vlan configuration, right?

Yes you are correct.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support