Re: LRT224 with Verizon LTE router on WAN2 not detected?

Hello,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you...trying to get the Verzion LTE router to be detected on WAN2.

I attached some screen shots from the LTE router and also from the LRT224.

Please tell me if you need anything else to help.

Thanks!!

JohnScreenshot (11).pngScreenshot (12).pngScreenshot (13).pngScreenshot (14).pngScreenshot (15).pngScreenshot (16).pngScreenshot (17).png

Expert

The first thing that jump right out is your LTE router is using a LAN IP Subnet of 192.168.1.0 and your LRT is also using the same LAN IP Subnet. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If this is true that will not work. You need to change the LTE router LAN IP Subnet to something different like 10.10.10.0/24.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Screenshot (11).pngSo would I change the IP address on the Verizon Router or the LRT224?   it is currently connected on from the LAN port of the Verizon Router to WAN2 on the LRT224.  I guess I need step by step instructions.

Sorry for being so naive!

Expert

It's actually very simple and done in the LTE router.

Change:

LAN => IPv4 => IP Address => 10.10.10.1

LAN => IPv4 => Subnet Mask => 255.255.255.0

If you are going to set the WAN2 on the LRT with a Static IP it should be outside the LTE router's DHCP range.

On the LTE router:

LAN => IPv4 => Start DHCP Address Range at => 10.10.10.3

That's it for the LTE.

Configure the LRT WAN2 Static IP Address:

IP Address: 10.10.10.2

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 10.10.10.1

DNS1: 8.8.8.8

DNS1: 8.8.4.4

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

Re: LRT224 Wan Failover issue reverting to WAN1

I am having the same issue as the original poster(OP) synergyst and jreding1 just hijacked this thread. 

This issue discussed here is not with jreding1's misconfiguration of his multiple routers. 

It has to do with the Linksys LRT224 WAN Failover. 

In my experience, the Linksys LRT224 does properly failover from WAN 1 to WAN2.  

But it does not switch back to WAN1 without user intervention. This is a problem.  It doesn't even alert anyone that it is using a secondary WAN 2 connection. To correct it, we have to turn off the WAN 2 port or unplug the device attached to WAN 2.  Then it will switch back to WAN 1. 

If WAN 1 is primary and it becomes available, The unit should switch back to it.  Is there any way to accomplish this?

We do have Network Service Detection turned on. I assume this is needed to determine when the connection goes down.

Configuration> System Management> Dual WAN Page:

LRT224.PNG

System Status Page:
LRT224 port2up.PNG

This status is what shows when WAN1 went down, and WAN2 is UP. 
Note, WAN 1 is back up now we think, but LRT224 did not switch back to it.

Normally when WAN 1 and WAN 2 connections are both working, and WAN 1 is actively in use, the DMZ/WAN 2 connection will show disconnected. I'm not sure why I guess it doesn't like to keep both connections active?

QUESTION:
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to make the LRT224 Dual WAN Gigabit VPN Router switch back to WAN 1 after WAN 1 becomes available again? 
(I guess I would call this "failback when available" after a Failover)

Re: LRT224 Wan Failover issue reverting to WAN1

Hi, Austin-P22 The configuration made you made is correct. When WAN1 is restored, both WAN1 and WAN2 shows active, you can simply refresh the browser in order for WAN2 to show inactive again. Hence, there's no need to reboot the router.

Hope this helps.

Nestor_C 21974
Linksys Technical Support