OBY

Internet Is Connected, Network Magic is Not

[ Edited ]

There is another discussion in this forum for the same problem, but it has a "Solved!" ion next to it. I am opening this thread so that there will be a new discussion showing "Unsolved" and perhaps catch the eye of the Linksys/Cisco/Network Magic support teams.

Problem - Network Magic shows that it is not connected to the internet but all computers (including wireless) are running perfectly fine on the internet. Website for Network Magic - www.purenetworks.com seems to be down which may be the cause of the problem.

Here is the link to the previous post.

If anyone has any information on fixing this, please post it.

Thank you.

Message Edited by OBY on 07-03-2009 10:37 AM

Re: Internet Is Connected, Network Magic is Not

Still having problems with this issue. The internet is working; Network Magic shows it isn't.

2 Vista machines, 2 XP machines, big red X, but all machiners have connectivity.

Same problem , so your not alone.  Started yesterday 7/3/09, believe it has something to do with the purenetwork servers being down.  Can't connect to them in any manner.  Found this link using Google search. 

While the network map wouldn't  show connected, the status center would.  Connection through router to modem is fine, all other web sites are avail, but any attempt to try and connect to purenetworks fails.   Net 2 Go will not launch, can't find the server.  I checked do not check internet connection in the options and it removed the "X" through the network magic tray icon.  Clicking on Internet details  in network map shows internet disconnected.

and an update....A recent check of the status (about a hour ago), now will show internet connected in network map.  So that appears to have "fixed" itself.  But still no connect to purenetwork servers, which makes me think that is were the problem is.

Maybe a fix after the holiday weekend.  More for net2go .

same exact issue.  i read the other post and thought there would be a work around at the end but, there is none.  the only thing i did do, was download the new version last night.  not sure if that may be my problem.  but certainly at 12:40 on 7/4 problem is not resolved.  also running vista.

Looks like the servers are back online....  1200 CST 

[ Edited ]

The servers may be back on line but Network Magic still isn't working on my computer (the Network Magic icon has an X on it). Nevertheless, I am connected to the internet. I tried the"Repair Connection" in Network Magic but that didn't help - X thorugh icon still there).

Richard

Message Edited by doowopper on 07-04-2009 11:12 AM

Same issue here.  I try to activate and get a message telling me the Licensing Server is offline.  I see the main pure networks page is back online.  I guess maybe after the weekend they'll have their stuff together but what a time to lose out on revune and customer support.   Makes me question using them for anything ever again.  Did they choose this weekend for system maintenance?  Boggles the mind....  

Well, it's October 2013 and this is still a problem. Wonder when it will be resolved.

I don't think it will. They just took their licensing servers down in September, you can't even activate the product or get a trial anymore.

Phone support gives you the run around.

No more support at all.

I'm afraid Jagblade is right, Linksys no longer support Network Magic. And Pure Networks, Network Magic manufacturer, is already out of service.