Accepted Solution

Adding a Velop Node

In my house, I have 3 Velop Nodes connected wireless which work perfect. I have a Man Cave and a Gazebo about 75 feet from my house in my back yard. The signal strength back there is fairly week and I'm wondering how to possibly add a 4th Node back there to provide consistent Internet. I was thinking of connecting the first Node that is connected to the Router to a Powerline Adapter then taking the 4th Node in the Man Cave to another Powerline Adapter. I'm not sure if just adding the 4th Node Wireless at 75 feet would reach that far, so thought the Ethernet idea would work. I didn't want to go and purchase the 4th Node without confirming it would work this far away. I really want to keep the one Velop network. Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Adding a Velop Node

@Jdsmith138

The 4th node should work wirelessly connected to your other node/s since the Linksys Velop can cater a coverage up to 6,000 square feet. During the setup, it'll promt you if it's already too far or too close from the other.

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

Thank you for the response! I purchased the extra Node and set it up 75 feet from one of the nodes and it has been working flawlessly, amazing how well this system works!
Highlighted

Yes, I added a Velop node and I notice the throughput is blazing fast all throughout my home. I love this system.

Hi Could you tell me how much an extra node costs? I have the same problem! I’m trying to extend/bridge wi fi from a house to a timber brick constructed building? Just want to strengthen the signal theoughout

Hi, RashSingh. Price may vary from different stores. We suggest that you check directly with them to get an accurate answer. May we know where you're located at? If you're from the UK, check out this link to see the official resellers.

Rosalyn - 21986
Linksys Technical Support