Re: Bridge Mode

Hello Linksys_lucas,

i just registered to give some suggestions and ideas regarding Bridge Mode:

First, I compared many Mesh system like Netgear Orbi, Ubiquiti UniFi, Amplifi AFi-R ., but only Linksys Velop was the best Deal.

Why?

I have a lancom VDSL VPN Router 1783VA. So i wanted a Wifi AP but also a simple Guest Wifi option.

All other solutions can build up different SSID and guest wifi, but mostly via Vlan. 

But Vlan doens't mean simple. WithVelop bridge Mode > Easy Way to get Local Network wifi and guest access.

My Suggestions (Wishes) :

1.   I want to see my Wifi connected  Clients. This is a feature all AP Wifi devices have today. 

2.  See how is the connection speed between my nodes. How to optimize the positon. 

3. Guest Wifi : > Why no WPS option for Guest Accounts? 

4. Scheduler for my wifi. 

Just these 4 Simple points and I'm 100% happy with my velop Nodes. 

To add to this, support for remote administration (via smartwifi). As far as I can tell, smartwifi is pointless in bridge mode at the moment.
Expert

rburrows69 wrote:
To add to this, support for remote administration (via smartwifi). As far as I can tell, smartwifi is pointless in bridge mode at the moment.
Hi --

I disagree. I have remote velop nodes that are in a vacation home (150 miles away). Smartwifi is the only way I can manage the velop nodes. It has more functionality than the phone app.

Z