Accepted Solution

Bridge Mode

In my opinion Velop is the best Wi-Fi setup I have ever had (at home), it's has great speed, and per my internal testing (constant load between the nodes over a couple of days) it's rock solid with no losses or dropouts.

And I love to just have something that works, not to mention being able to handle the most basic features in the Home from a App without being in the building. It’s missing many advanced networking features, and in my opinion that’s the way it should be.

But... It's missing the feature to be set up in Bridge mode, this is causing me to add two sets of Ethernet cables inside the house (this is thick concrete so I must add wires between the floors).

This way I get two problems: Double Ethernet cables should be possible to avoid when I have a switch in each floor, the next one is that I get double DHCP & double NAT on all my Wi-Fi devices.

Please add the possibility to choose Bridge mode on Internett settings (without the work arounds that just crashes the App).

A setup like this should be unnecessary:

Linksys Velop.gif

Re: Bridge Mode

+1

I thought the Velop system was perfect; unfortunately, I had to return it and get Eero because Linksys Velop doesn't support bridged mode.

[ Edited ]

Wait -

During setup, can't you just set the first device up in access point configuration to achive the same results? Wouldn't this offload the DHCP, NAT, etc. to your existing network and have the Velops just be meshed access points?

I didn't see that option, are you sure it's there?

I don't remember what it said exactly, but it asks you if you are connected directly to a modem, or to a router THEN a modem. I thought that would put the system in Bridge Mode, but by reading A LOT of other posts on here, it doesn't appear to do that. Sounds like there is no way to turn off DHCP and allow another device on the network to assign addresses.

Is anyone from Linksys going to answer this?

Because I’m ready to expand with more Velops on each floor if this gets fixed.

If not, then Velop isn't the right solution for me, and I have to return the devices I have instead...

I really hope they add bridged mode. Just picked up my 3 nodes and am on the verge of returning it as I would much rather use pfsense to handle dhcp
Administrator

calxibe wrote:

Is anyone from Linksys going to answer this?

Because I’m ready to expand with more Velops on each floor if this gets fixed.

If not, then Velop isn't the right solution for me, and I have to return the devices I have instead...

This one is not yet fully supported. Typically for most customers that have  FIOS setup or ATT Uverse we recommend just going with a standard double NAT, typically all gaming and other functionality will still work fine for them even after moving all of the network devices behind the Velop Network.

For customers that absolutely need to setup bridged mode we can help guide you through it using the Web UI, however there are some trade offs that occur when we set it up this way. Overall performance of the unit will not be impacted, but there will be some changes in how the LEDs behave, and also with what you can access via the app in this configuration.

Could you give us the steps for bridged mode?

Thanks, Lucas! Any word on when the app will support bridged mode? Also, do you have the "official" support steps available to get it working in the meantime?