Competitor's Apps

The developers of the Linksys iOS app should go look at the iOS apps for Eero and Google Wifi. That might give them an idea of the features we would like to see.

Re: Competitor's Apps

The Linksys app is clunky, buggy, lacking in even the most basic networking features and functionality. And the UI for the Linksys app is worse...not sure whose mobile is app is worse, Linksys or Netgear.

Richard1864 wrote:
The Linksys app is clunky, buggy, lacking in even the most basic networking features and functionality. And the UI for the Linksys app is worse...not sure whose mobile is app is worse, Linksys or Netgear.

The Linksys app clearly has some problems (though in general I like the UI)... Netgear's apps (the "Genie" app and the "Orbi" app), on the other hand, are absolutely abysmal and uttelry useless.  

Administrator

JrSamples wrote:
The developers of the Linksys iOS app should go look at the iOS apps for Eero and Google Wifi. That might give them an idea of the features we would like to see.

Hey JrSamples,

We are planning Revs for the app to be released nearly every week. The first few have been focused on improving the setup process for people, and taking care of glaring bugs that you guys have identified, like the ethernet / wireless bug that the community spotted. In the next few releases we are looking to add in some additional features that will improve the usability post setup.

Unfortunately, Lucas, the ethernet/wireless bug is still there (if you mean, devices that are wired that are listed as wireless, and vice versa)...

I like the UI and thing what is currently available seems to work. In my opinion they need to make it more feature rich. Add some of the backend (web GUI only) features. For example, update my DNS settings.