Re: Disable blue light on Velop?

Allen_P wrote:

@DaveTheNerd

Do you mean to say that you want to disable the LED on the nodes? If so, we don't have that option on the Linksys App. We use the LED indicators to know the current status of your nodes.

Obviously, so the feature offering the ability to turn the led off should apply to the stable on state only.

Any operational or error state should still be displayed since that isn't the stable on state.

You could offer a configurable time to turn the led off after reaching a stable on state, say 30, 60 or 120 seconds.

Ah, that makes sense, I hadn't thought of the vents being an issue.  Some devices encapsulate the LED inside the case so that it only shows outside.  I hadn't looked closely at mine in the dark, I guess.

Maybe they'll help you out in a future firmware release with a timed disabling of the LED. 

raven-au wrote:

Allen_P wrote:

@DaveTheNerd

Do you mean to say that you want to disable the LED on the nodes? If so, we don't have that option on the Linksys App. We use the LED indicators to know the current status of your nodes.

Obviously, so the feature offering the ability to turn the led off should apply to the stable on state only.

Any operational or error state should still be displayed since that isn't the stable on state.

You could offer a configurable time to turn the led off after reaching a stable on state, say 30, 60 or 120 seconds.

Exactly, the Netgear Orbi use the same idea - No light represent normal state, alert with color lights on, that is. Be honestly, I am  regret that I returned my Orbi 2 nodes for Velop 3 nodes, firmware unstable, connection unstable, slower... Really hope there will be better firmware released that fix most of the problems in real soon. 

Spoiler

Highlighted

Just set a dime on top of it.