Disable blue light on Velop?

Is there a way to run the Velop dark, without any lights on? I thought I had seen this option in the app, but it seems to be missing.

Anonymous

Re: Disable blue light on Velop?

@DaveTheNerd

Do you mean to say that you want to disable the LED on the nodes? If so, we don't have that option on the Linksys App. We use the LED indicators to know the current status of your nodes.

Yeah, that's exactly what I want to do. I have one of the nodes in my bedroom, and the light is distracting at night. My guess is I'm not alone in this desire, especially given how many people have come up after one of my "mesh wifi" presentations around the country and told me how much they love the fact that other, four-letter-mesh units do have this option. Smiley Happy

You're not alone. I would like to disable the blue light too as I keep a node in my bedroom.

Completely agree. Other mesh systems not only have the ability to disable the LED light, but adjust the brightness as well. So you can still have it on for notifications, but at a greatly reduced brightness. This is a must, most people will have nodes in their bedrooms.

dnx

+1

Could be great if we have the ability to turn on/off the led

+1

The light is too strong in my bedroom at night...

[ Edited ]

This was the first option I tried to find after configuring the WiFi.

Even a cheap TP Link extender I previously purchased had a blackout period option for the leds.

Maybe I am a bit too simple, but wouldn't a small piece of black electrical tape do the trick?  I've used this in hotels when they have a router behind a desk that lights up a whole wall with blinking lights in the room.

Why not give it a try?  No app required... Smiley Wink

Flyboyron wrote:

Maybe I am a bit too simple, but wouldn't a small piece of black electrical tape do the trick?  I've used this in hotels when they have a router behind a desk that lights up a whole wall with blinking lights in the room.

Why not give it a try?  No app required... Smiley Wink

That doesn't work becuase the convection coolling holes allow the light to spread.

I don't think crafting a little hat for it would be a good idea either becuase, well, that would interfere with the cooling.