Has anyone tried the Backhaul over a bonded Moca Adapter ?

Hi, I have a three node setup, with one node on a wired ethernet backhaul, and the other using the 5ghz radio.   I have the parent router taking the place of a Fios Quantum Gateway router.  For the Moca devices, I have an Actiontec 6200 moca to ethernet adapter connected and working.   I was wondering if anyone has tried, or if its possible to run the backhaul over the coax with a moca adapter ?

Re: Has anyone tried the Backhaul over a bonded Moca Adapter ?

I will be trying this kind of config Monday when my three pack arrives: 1Gbps fios, quantum gateway via cat7 off the ont, 3 bonded MoCA <~> ethernet Adapters... I'm assuming the Velops are as smart in handling a wired connection as they do (in conjunction with) their own wireless one... My plan is to leave dhcp running on the fios gateway (killing it's and my 6200Qs' wifi radios), running the Velops in bridge mode: cat 7 running between each Velop and the Closest MoCA device. I am hoping it will consider the additional wired connection when determining the best backchannel method (at the very least, giving me a very stable connection) - I have about 40 devices, 12 over ethernet, the rest wireless... 4 floors in the main house (~4100 sqft) each currently having a MoCA adapter

I'll keep you posted with what I find Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Cool, if it works I will get a couple more MoCa converters on order.    I just sent back the FIOS Quantum Router and Wifi Extender yesterday.   I have the velop hanging directly off of the ONT, works like a champ.  Have an actiontec 6200 to handle the MoCa conversion for the DVR and Set top boxes.  Been running for two weeks now, with no interruptions or hiccups.  Glad to be rid of the quantum router and wifi extender, rebooting it everyday was getting to be a real pain.

Interested in your findings- I am going to be setting up a similar situation in a new home- Velop x3, 1Gbps Fios / TV. So will be looking to send back the Quantum ASAP.  Run an Actiontec at the main Velop router (connected to ONT via Ethernet) to handle TV info.

Hoping to use 2x Actiontecs with 2 more Actiontecs to handle backhaul...