Linksys Smart Wifi Configuration

You guys should add a device icon especially for the Roomba vacuum robot.

They are becoming more and more common and deserve the device support in the GUI.

Tony

BB Tech Insider

Re: Linksys Smart Wifi Configuration

or a bunch of other GUIs, or be able to add out own.
Expert

Linksys

Why aren't the configuration backups of one Linksys product backwardly conoatible with other Linksys products? For example it would be useful to transfer the security port configuration files from my EA9500 to the Velop. Why must I retype them all?

Z

Expert

Linksys

Why aren't the configuration backups of one Linksys product backwardly compatible with other Linksys products? For example it would be useful to transfer the security port configuration files from my EA9500 to the Velop. Why must I retype them all?

Z

Zoro,

Put your Velop system in bridge mode and let the 9500 do all the heavy lifting.

Expert

YourMainDude wrote:

Zoro,

Put your Velop system in bridge mode and let the 9500 do all the heavy lifting.

Hi YourMainDude--

I tried using the EA9500 as the router and the Velops directly connected to the router by Gigabit Ethernet connections. All I got was continual drop outs and really poor bandwidth on the varios Velops. I have 200mb Comcast service and I was only getting 10-15Mb on wireless connections. Using the Velop as the router and the EA9500 as a bridge I'm now getting 200-400Mb on the velop nodes. Also there have been very few drops in the Velop service.

Z

[ Edited ]

Zoro,

that doesn't make sense to me.  The 9500 is way more capable as a front end than is the Velop system.

To work properly, you have to turn the brigde mode function ON in the Velop settings.  I am assuming you already tried this - so the bandwidth reduction doesn't make much sense.  What it sounds more like is channel competition.  I didn't see reductions like that but did experience drop outs.  The remedy was to stop using the wireless radios in the 9500.  The Velop mesh is designed in such a way that you really don't want any nearby, competing radios getting into the channel balance.  That said, IP configuration control as well as a whole host of other geeky parameters are way better managed in a device like the 9500.

Best of luck to you,

Y M D

Expert

YourMainDude wrote:

Zoro,

that doesn't make sense to me.  The 9500 is way more capable as a front end than is the Velop system.

To work properly, you have to turn the brigde mode function ON in the Velop settings.  I am assuming you already tried this - so the bandwidth reduction doesn't make much sense.  What it sounds more like is channel competition.  I didn't see reductions like that but did experience drop outs.  The remedy was to stop using the wireless radios in the 9500.  The Velop mesh is designed in such a way that you really don't want any nearby, competing radios getting into the channel balance.  That said, IP configuration control as well as a whole host of other geeky parameters are way better managed in a device like the 9500.

Best of luck to you,

Y M D

Hi--

It doeesn't make sense to me either but that's reality. I've used a network analyser to ensure there is no channel contention.  I agree right now the EA9500 is more capable from both a hardware and a software standpoint but it doesn't work well as the main router with the Velop mesh.

Z

There's something else in play here.

Expert

YourMainDude wrote:

There's something else in play here.

Like what?

Z