Linksys velop in bridge mode with ethernet backhaul

I have a whole home wired with ethernet, my current setup is as follows isp modem-pfsense router-48 port switch, I have enough ports on both the router and the switch what will be the ideal place to hook up the velop units as bridge mode, should I connect the units to the pfsense router or the switch? Please note i want to use the velop system as a wifi mesh in bridge mode with ethernet backhaul, also do i have to interconnect the units or should each one go back to the router/switch
Thank you

Re: Linksys velop in bridge mode with ethernet backhaul

[ Edited ]

@Harshil

For this matter, if you'd like to get the full potential of the Linksys Velop as a mesh system, it's recommended that the Velop is the main router of your network. But if you'd prefer to retain your current setup, make sure that the main router and the Velop has different SSID and channel so it'll not be conflicting.

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

I'm not sure this this reply answers the original question about how to connect the Velop in brdge mode using LAN backhaul. I would like to do this. Is it possible?

Expert

@wesf56

Yes, it is possible, however, you can't optimize the full potential of Velop as a mesh System just like what  mentioned above. It will act just like an access point that extends the wireless network of your router.

Nickel - 21388

@Nickel_B

I have a similar setup to OP with a 3 node Velop system

with one wired node and one wireless node

Connected as such

Modem>PFSenseBox>switch>MainNode>Switch>Node

I have the main node setup in bridge mode

When I view the system info script I can see that it lists both additional nodes in the backhaul report area bh_report.

http://192.168.1.210/sysinfo.cgi

bh_report
  Node (MAC)  NODE IP          PARENT IP        Intf.  Chan.   RSSI(AP/STA)      Speed  State
------------  ---------------  ---------------  -----  -----   ------------  ---------  -----
14XXXXXXXX72  192.168.1.208    192.168.1.210     eth0  wired              0  202.71700     up
14XXXXXXXXBA  192.168.1.209    192.168.1.210      5GH  149          -58/-63   91.17400     up

if the nodes are acting as access point wireless extenders, would it still show valid results in the sysinfo script under bh_report?

My experience with extenders, a wireless device will see both the main AP and the extender as different networks even when they share an SSID. When I view the list of available networks on my android phone, iPhone, and Win10 laptop, I only see my network SSID listed one time. When running Wifi Analyzer on android I can then see the additional Nodes/AP's broadcasting.

Thanks, 

Highlighted

Hi, fortillian. The sysinfo results should show valid results even if the nodes are acting as access point/wireless extenders.

Dennis - 20702