Network health

Ability to have the network check itself for issues, with preprogrammed repair functionality, for when a device or node goes offline unexpectedly or internet access slows down or stops? Repair functionality would include ability to reboot individual or all nodes, wifi channel scan, check cable modem/gateway connected to ISP, etc. Eero and Luma both have that functionality.

Re: Network health

I would agree with this.

I'd like the ability to check the bandwidth between nodes or visually see an indicate of how well the nodes are placed to maximize speed throughout the house.

Internet speed testing doesn't fit the bill because I only get my max of about 62 Mbps. I don't do a lot of file transfers in the house, but it would be nice to know I have the system optimally placed.

JCG161 wrote:

I would agree with this.

I'd like the ability to check the bandwidth between nodes or visually see an indicate of how well the nodes are placed to maximize speed throughout the house.

Internet speed testing doesn't fit the bill because I only get my max of about 62 Mbps. I don't do a lot of file transfers in the house, but it would be nice to know I have the system optimally placed.

Yes, a direct node-to-node speed test would be awesome.

Highlighted

Agree node to node GUI speedomter then you can make the decision on where to place nodes. Say if you gained 2mbps to move it over the other side of the room then why bother... but gain 120mbps by moving it from one side to the other then that would be worth knowing.

In theory I can't see that it isn't possible by polling that info every few seconds. You could also incorporate backhaul availability and backhaul speeds per node at the same time. You could then make informaed decisions based on your own network and environment... someones backhaul dream is another mans clunky network.