Recommendations

First I want to say that compared to other Mesh systems, mainly Eero and Orbi, Velop takes a long time to boot and configure. I configure a lot of residential networks for my job and sometimes I decide to go with a different product simply because of how long it takes to setup the Velop system. Anything you can do to speed up the boot time for each node and the setup time would be beneficial.

Second recommendation. Under the troubleshooting/diagnostic section for releasing and renewing the Internet IP in the Web GUI. Can you please separate those two functions? Meaning, I don't want it to renew the IP Address until I tell it to.

Parental controls need work. I would probably rename the feature Internet Access Restriction as Content Filtering doesn't exist unless you enter websites manually.

I'll add more to this list as I think of them

Highlighted

Re: Recommendations

DUSlider wrote:

First I want to say that compared to other Mesh systems, mainly Eero and Orbi, Velop takes a long time to boot and configure. I configure a lot of residential networks for my job and sometimes I decide to go with a different product simply because of how long it takes to setup the Velop system. Anything you can do to speed up the boot time for each node and the setup time would be beneficial.

Second recommendation. Under the troubleshooting/diagnostic section for releasing and renewing the Internet IP in the Web GUI. Can you please separate those two functions? Meaning, I don't want it to renew the IP Address until I tell it to.

Parental controls need work. I would probably rename the feature Internet Access Restriction as Content Filtering doesn't exist unless you enter websites manually.

I'll add more to this list as I think of them

Hi DUSlider

From your experience how long does the Velop take to boot?  Does this increase with the number of velops or is it independant?

J