dnx

Scheduling the availability of the wifi

Hi, 

I would like to have the ability to schedule the availability of the wifi.

for instance, i would like to turn off the WIFI from 1 AM to 7PM or even more fine grained : to disable the velop in the master bedroom and let 2 other nodes taking care of the wifi.

Thanks!

Re: Scheduling the availability of the wifi

[ Edited ]

dnx wrote:

Hi, 

I would like to have the ability to schedule the availability of the wifi.

for instance, i would like to turn off the WIFI from 1 AM to 7PM or even more fine grained : to disable the velop in the master bedroom and let 2 other nodes taking care of the wifi.

Thanks!

Hi,

You can setup Parental Control in your Velop system. Turn on Parental Control, select a particular device and either block internet access using these 3 options:

1. Never

2. Always

3. Specific Times

Hope this helps

dnx

Hi, 

Thanks for the response but does the "blocking" deactivate the wifi? My guess is that the Velop will block the internet access but the SSID will still broadcasting, no?

dnx wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks for the response but does the "blocking" deactivate the wifi? My guess is that the Velop will block the internet access but the SSID will still broadcasting, no?

Parental Control will work per device. Lets say you have devices "A" and "B" both connected wirelessly and you block internet access to device "B" to always. You can still see your SSID (from both devices) but you can only use the internet from device "A".

dnx

Thanks 

So my suggestion from the start was to DISABLE the WIFI (disabling the SSID broadcasting) based on a scheduling.

what i would like to do is to completely deactivate the node in the master bedroom to avoid too much radio frequence in the room.

Thanks.

Hi,

Just wondering if you ever figured out how to disable the wifi at specific times? I would also like to turn off wifi in my home at night completely and haven't been able to figure out how to do this quickly.

Hi, dnx and megashliVelop currently does not have a feature that could schedule the wireless network to be turned off at specific times. The closest available options would the Wireless Mac filter - which allows/denies wireless access to a device, and the Parental Control -which blocks internet connection for specific devices.

Carl_S 21985
Linksys Technical Support