Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Velop max nodes

Hi all, iam using Velop with in total 5 nodes. I saw somewhere it is not possible to extend to more then 5 nodes. I really need one extra, 2 would be ideal. So in total 6 to 7 nodes. Will this work? Is linksys planning to allow more then 5 nodes? Making 2 seperate networks is not an option. Please help...
Expert

Re: Velop max nodes

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Rblues. So far, our Development Team has tested 10 nodes working seamlessly, but have seen other users that have gone beyond that.

Fate – 21474
Linksys Technical Support

Yes good news. Thank you.

Hi I do have 4 Nodes installed, I was able to install my 5th node too ... but once everyting gots connected together internet connection fails... as soon as I do unplug one node, internet connection is fine again... any idea why?

Expert

Degoethe

May we know the current firmware of the 5th Velop Node? Please try to run these following troubleshooting steps: 

1. Disable the 4 working Velop Nodes

2. Configure/Setup the 5th Node (the one that is not getting online) as a Parent Node

3. Check if it can get online after the setup

Update us how it goes. 

Fate – 21474
Linksys Technical Support

Hi Fate_R

It's kind of funny, but after having tried several options (including resetting and reconfiguring the whole story and exchanging Node 4 with 5) with an unsuccessful result... I left 4 Nodes and didn't touch anything during easter-holiday. Now I just re-plugged and everything is all of a sudden working somehow fine... Firmware is 1.1.1.179155, which is the newest....

One more thing to ask here: are the Nodes go to a 'sleep-mode' when they are unused? That would maybe explain the fact, that some get an amber status (bad connection?) even they were correctly placed and "often " appear as blue...??