Re: 183316 - ethernet backhaul guest wifi?

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I also did that way to change the static ip to what guest access ip should be. The test result was also as same as yours. However, this way only works on firmare version 1.1.2.183316 and 1.1.2.184933.(I guess you haven't updatd to the latest version?) After I updated to the latest version 1.1.2.185309, the guest network can't even be connected and it shows there's no internet on it which means I am not even able to change the static ip address. Well, even we are able to change static ip, that's still not how the guest access works isn't it? Like every friend comes to your house and connect to your velop guest network, you need them chang ip first like what we did on the test, that would be super inconvenient.

Anway, the linksys support just post something new on that page, check it out and he said he would ask some advice from engineer. I guess that's a good sign to the road of success?

New Update: Also, speaking of the parent IP was "unknown", it happens to me too. I think the BH_report page is still not perfect to show every detail of the velop yet, this kind of weird issue might be fixed as time goes by. Compare to the "unknown" ip thing, I was more curious about the speed on the bh_report, every time I reboot the velop, the speed of each node shows the different number, the maximun speed is 1024. I had asked this question to the Level 1 and Level 2 Linksys support, there's no answer I am satisfied with which is really sad。

@VTBOY, the Velop is on 1.1.2.185309, and I was sort of able to connect to the guest network by manually entering the IP, but it was hit or miss. Regardless, I agree with you; this is definitely not the way things should work. This whole ordeal began because of friends complaining that my guest network wasn't working. Originally, I didn't believe them, but they were right. It's a real shame to try to get the best tech, only to have such a basic feature not work, especially when it works properly on much cheaper devices. I've been running the system using wireless backhaul, and it all works fine, but I specifically bought this system because of the wired backhaul.

The unknown this is probably a bug. I'm not seeing fluctuations in the speed. The consistently report 1024.

Yeah, some velop users said their speed are all 1024 and others are like me who got different speed every time. Just wanna know the meaning of the speed here, but I would say that's definitely not the speed of the bandwidth which the Internet Service Provider gave, since my maximum internet speed is about 111 Mbps and 1024 is so much more than 111(I got some 1024 on some nodes too). Someone said that's the time that we run the BH_report, well I think that does make sense but not sure if it's true. Compare to the guest network issue, this question can be postponed by linksys to solve. Looking forward to the latest news from Linksys support here with you, hope they will bring some even better information later.

Hey man, it's a known issue and linksys engineer found the way to fix it!!!!!!! This link is from chadster766's post!!! We good now, yay! But I still need find time to fix this based on what this article said.

https://www.linksys.com/au/support-article?articleNum=278435

Nvm, still need more information from the engineer, several people like you had done the same way like what the engineer said from the link before and I know all the results were unsuccessful. Sorry, was too exicted lol

After the reading the artcile 2 times, there's still something I don't know about your setting. Could you tell me, what PVID you set for vlan 3 and 4?