Re: 3 Story Townhouse and Apple Time Capsule

Hey Zoro1,

You have some really good questions and I don't have a single answer for you, at this point. I would need about two days as my velop is on it's way. The questions you pose seem pretty straight forward and I will be better positioned to answer once I get this mamagama hooked up.

I am willing to take your advice on configuration and setup, no need in me spending hours trying to get the right setup. Just to give you an idea, my modem/router is in the basement in the back of the house and my office is onthe third floor in the front of the house. See my issue. LOL

For what it's worth, I have an end unit.

Thanks,

Spydameng

correction: on its way, not it's way.

Highlighted

@Spydamengwrote:

Also, I checked out different sites and ratings for hours. The Velop received some very high remarks by many many people. This is one of those purchases that one makes that will live and die with the decision. LOL

Hey @Spydameng

Last year when I realised I'd bought a lemon I couldn't understad how the Velop experience for so many Amazon reviewers was so different from my own. So I hit Google. 

And found articles like this - 

https://www.engadget.com/2009/01/19/belkin-pleas-for-mercy-over-paid-amazon-reviews-deception/

https://consumerist.com/2009/01/19/belkin-caught-paying-for-positive-reviews/

(Belkin owns Linksys.)

Of course, all of this was back in 2009. But it does make you wonder.

Hey Fella's and Ladies,

Well, I received my Linksys Velop and because I had 50% off of one order, I purchased another set of nodes. The setup was just a tad confusing, but nothing that I couldn't overcome. I have placed a node in my basement, nehctik/living room area, master bedroom and home office (extra bedroom on the third floor) and I must say, I am a believer. I am happy with my purchase and my speed is now officially through the roof (so is my wifi, LOL). I'm pleased with my setup, some may say four nodes is overkill, but I'm very happy that I have very good speed. I did not put all my devices on the velop, I have some on the verizon network so that I can see if that would make any difference on either network. Velop is very powerful and I would definitely recommend to others.

To Zoro1 and PianSom, thank you for your feedback. I would end this with, everyone's experience may be different, but I'm very pleased with my experience.

Spyda out.

Hey Spydameng

That's great! I'm happy that you have got through the installlation experience and are pleased with the product.

And I sincerely hope that you don't start experiencing any of the drop-outs and other issues that many of us here have.