5g not working on attached node

I have a two node system.  My main node works fine both 5g and 2.4g devices come and go.  On my secondary node 2.4 g works fine, but NOTHING will connect to it on 5g... Even if I'm standing next to it, and turn my wifi on and off again 5g will just keep dropping off until I walk away and it connects to 2.4 g.  I've restarted the node both through the software as well as unplugged the node by hand.  I've ran the channel tool.  Nothing seems to fix it, I am running firmware 1.1.2.185309, I've checked through the velop admin tools that they are both running the same firmware.

Expert

Re: 5g not working on attached node

Move the secondary node a little closer to the primary.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

They are like 20 ft apart, just on separate stories of the house, but I can surely try that, I thought the whole purpose was to put them apart for better coverage?
Highlighted
Expert

@wrote:
They are like 20 ft apart, just on separate stories of the house, but I can surely try that, I thought the whole purpose was to put them apart for better coverage?

The 5Ghz backhaul between nodes could be failing due to building materials. 2.4Ghz can go though materials much better than 5Ghz. Also the radio signal radiates out sideways from the nodes so having nodes directly above each over will have much lower signals.

If the nodes are too close together the client will be fast transferred to the primary node.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support